Pages - Menu

06 March 2024

Origami Russian sonobe a.k.a. cracked sonobe..











I've been touring a lot these last few months.. I went to Thailand with my cousin and her friend's family, last year September end. I was in Thailand for my birthday, we didn't plan intentionally though.. it just happened. It was a fantastic trip, very memorable. We visited Pattaya and Bangkok.

Coming back, I went to Tamil Nadu kumbakonam with my yoga teacher's group, where we nearly saw 25 temples, then covered Chidambaram, brihadeshwara and Sri Rangam..... It was literally a temple run, I was tired by the end of the trip and feel sick.

Next month with the same yoga teacher's team I went to Kerala, Sri Adi Shankaracharya's birth places his father's place Kalady and mother's place Pirovam, then we saw Guruvayur, chota nikara.... After coming back I feel sick again...

In Feb I went to Odissa again the same yoga guru... We saw the very famous Puri Jagannath temple, Vishnu's alarnath temple, konark sun temple, Sakshi Gopal temple, Sri Adi Shankaracharya's ashram where there's vimala Devi's Shakti peetha... Throughout the trip my stomach was upset with indigestion.... Probably in Odissa I've spent most of the time in the bathroom than viewing temples. 

All the places were so divine, lovely and memorable.

Because of my heavy duty trips, I didn't have time for origami. My health these days is not at all good... I suffer from complicated mental health issues. I'm taking baby steps everyday. Taking one day at a time. Life's challenging to me. Somedays I deal with it, somedays I give up. I just take anxiety pills. I carry it always in my purse. Basically life's fucked up royally..

I used to watch my origami community post so many of their works on Instagram. I would really miss origami. Today I spent sometime and folded this cracked sonobe also called as Russian sonobe.

Designers: Irina Reutskaya, Maria Vahrusheva, Natalia Romanenko

I used 1.5 inch : 3 inch sheets. The ratio has to be 1:2

I didn't have much patience today, so I shamelessly used glue for assembly.

Tutorial is available here:


Until next time Sayonara... 🙏🙏🙏💞❤️🌺


No comments:

Post a Comment