Pages - Menu

01 May 2023

Spiked Rhombicosidodecahedron and lesser stellated dodecahedron

 






Spiked Rhombicosidodecahedron and lesser stellated dodecahedron


Designed independently by Meenakshi Mukerji and Jeannine Mosely


Spiked rhombicosidodecahedron

120 units

5 cm square papers


Lesser stellated dodecahedron

30 units

7.5 cm square papers 


For the 30 unit making and assembly is available at Ezorigami by Evan Zodl


I first folded stellated dodecahedron. It's very easy to make single units. When it comes to assembly, i started without glue. But as i went on building, the model became unstable. The units would come apart. I had tough time keeping everything together. I tried a lot to achieve assembly without glue for quite sometime. Then i gave up. I used glue. 

I then took up, 120 units polyhedron. I folded few units and tried assembly as a trial fold. It seemed stabler than 30 units. But when i actually started, this assembly also became a challenge. I almost lost my patience and threw the incomplete model in bin. After sometime i regained my cool 😎 and took the half completed model from bin(which had dry waste, so model was intact and not dirty). I already had folded quite a lot of units, so I wanted to finish it somehow. So i went for glue and completed.

I personally dislike using glue, because it sticks to my hands and paper gets kind of wet, loses its crisp. It's a hassle to assemble. But when i have no other go, i use it.

That's the story behind these two models. Until next time , happy folding, Sayonara 🙋🙋🙋🙋😁


No comments:

Post a Comment